Tuesday 28 January 2014

QSL from K9W

A very nice card arrived today. It was K9W from Wake Atoll. I worked this rare DXCC entry for the first time in 29 Feb 1980 They was using the call W7KHN/KH9 and worked only on 15 m band. In those Days it was just fine with one QSO for DXCC. Today there are the Challenge Award and you have to work every DX on all band slots. So with K9W I worked them from 30 m all up to 10 m (but not on 15 m as this was already in the log). 160, 80 and 40 my antennas was not with me!!


The atoll looks the same as on the old QSL from the 80's.

I have struggled with FT5ZM and managed to work them on 10, 12, 15 and 17 m. All on CW except 17 that was on SSB. So next goal is a RTTY QSO. And also some more band slots as I have all from 160 to 20 to go.

Very windy still outside. Gusts up  to 28 kt and temperature around 0 C.
But no more White fluff so far. But there are long time to spring yet.

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment