Monday 27 January 2014

FT5ZM on the air!

The mother of DXpedition is on the air. And as usual the QRM:ers have a ball! Amazing! Where are all the QRM:er getting their energy from? Imagine what they could do if they spent all that energy on something useful such as try to work the DX from inside of the pile instead of jamming the DX frequency!!!!






Picture borrowed from QRZ.com.


I have spent the weekend working some S&P in CQ WW 160 CW Contest. But the conds was not so good. And it is also difficult to hear the rare stations when spot on a EU station is Calling CQ. Might have a bad receiver or antenna. Anyway I did not Catch any new stations for my DXCC for 160. But I will keep on trying to see if I can get some new ones during this spring. I have only a 24 m high vertical with additional 2 X 6 m linear loading giving the vertical a total electrical length of 36 m. And with help of a loading coil I have a fine resonance at 1,825 MHz with nearly a SWR of 1,02. For LSN I use a K9AY system.






I have a small lot so this is the way to go. And it works just fine for me.


So now I will try to Catch FT5ZM on at least a few band slots. And my goal is also to Catch them on CW, SSB and RTTY. Hope my Dreams will be fulfilled. At the moment I'm LSN on 14 MHz and he is so week at 14,023. No use to call.

Within 1,5 hour I will have a planned power cut for the work the Power Company is doing on my 10 KV line. The cut will be for 8 hours. But I will be back later this afternoon.

CUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment