Thursday 9 January 2014

New Bandslots for Challenge Award

Today I received a few more band slots for C9. It was C82DX operating from Mozambique. I could add 12, 17 and 30 m and by this filled up  most of the C9 slots. Only missing 160 m.


A very nice card indeed!!

I have started to build a device to degauss my spare GU74-b. Hopefully I will have it done this weekend. You do it by connect filament Power and then connect grid, screen and anode electrodes together and after cooking the tube with just filament for an hour you apply low voltage ( 15 to 35 V ) between cathode and the grid, screen and anode. Positive terminal to the anode and adjust the Power supply to achieve about 300 to 500 mA and Watch the current carefully for eventual jumps. Need a power supply with a current limiter After an additional hour the tube should be degaussed.

Well the weather man has promised some Winter this weekend. Temperature at the moment is around 6 C (42 F). But this will change to about -8 C (17 F) and some White fluff. I might have to start my snow blower!!??

Take care all of you readers. CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment