Monday 19 November 2012

PT0S ooperation!

Wow! I have 4 bands confirmed in "On Line Log". Reading about the problem they have with waves taking down antennas and mingling up radials, enormous sound level from breaking waves, these guys are doing a fine job! These 4 hams have gone to this remote rock island just so you and me can have a new one in our log's. And they have payed most of the cost them self. Then I get frustrated when I read on the cluster about bad operators. Long time between QSO's, and so on.
Well my comment to to these armchair operators is : " Go your self to a remote place with no HRO and no Stores and no medical facitilities. And pay all expenses from your own pocket."

One thing I dont understand is the chase for multi band QSO's on SSB/CW/RY. For the DXCHALLANGE Award it is OK with one band QSO. Is this a problem caused by the Club Log Leader Board where you must have so many "Green" squares as possble??!! But for the DXCHALLANGE one band QSO is fine. But I guess it is the thrill to be on top of the Club Log Leader Board that is the driving force! I'm just pleased to get the new DXCC on any mode. The rest is just a bonus if I catch the DX on some more band slots. But if I have worked a DX on a specific band on, for an  example, SSB I don't work them on the same band on CW as it will not give me any more point on the Challange Award. But this is my opinion.

I also heard a new QRM:er. This one was calling "QRX" for minutes. Wonder wy!

Well now I have complained enough. Back to the radio. No picture today but I will come up with one next time.

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment