Sunday 10 April 2016

Well Done (to my self)!?

Well, I have done the most to get the rare VK0EK and FT4JA into my log and to achive the most Points possible to my Challenge Award.

We start with VK0EK (this is big bragg time). Picture borrowed from QRZ.com.


Here I have had QSO on 160, 80, 40, 30, 17, 15, 12 and 10 m on CW. On 20 m it was SSB and RTTY on 15 m. So with 10 QSO's I've got 8 Points to my Challenge Award. CW QSO on 20 m was achived in early 1980 from VK0CW operation. So no Points for my SSB QSO on 20 but a new mode. Same on 15 m as the RTTY QSO was just a new mode. So, Heard Island is no longer on my needed list. SUPER.

Now to FT4JA operation. Here it was a different story. Very strong signals on most of the bands. Enormous piles and lot of DQRM. But this was my achivement.
QSO's on 80, 40, 30, 17, 12 and 10 m CW. SSB on 15 m (my first QSO with the operation) and a double on 12 m with a QSO on SSB. Sorry for this but it was Vincent F4BKV holding the microphone and I had to say "hello" to him. And finally RTTY QSO on 20 m. Missed them on 160 m. But this was totally my fault as I was not checking the 160 early in the operation. At the end they where Calling AS and SA and JA only. But I still achived 7 Points to my Challenge Award. Juan de Nova, Europa is also no longer on my wanted list.

So I'm quite pleased with my achivement on both of these DXpeditions. Only missed one QSO and that was on 160 m with FT4JA. Big THANKS to both of them and now I will order some QSL's.

Take care and CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment