Wednesday 20 February 2013

Two new ones on 160 m.

Yesterday morning I tried to catch ZF2AM on 160 m. But not a chance in the world to get through that pile. But I managed to work a new one any way. It was EA9/DL2RNS who was calling CQ on 160 m.
But this morning I was up one hour earlier and now it was possible to get a QSO with ZF2AM.

Than I also worked NH7O but this was on 80 m. Enormous pile but on 80 m I have very good effective vertical antenna. So QSO with Hawaii was no problem. But this was not a new one. But I had not worked NH7O on 80 before. I have worked him on several other bands. He than QSY:ed to 160 m. But I couldn't hear a sound from him on 160 m. I hear EU stations working him but I can almost pick him up from the noise.But I cant really work him.

Have to show you all a picture of the snow sliding slowly down my roof. But now we have temperature around minus 4 C so the process has stopped.


Click on the picture to see a larger version of the event!

Here are a picture of my new toy. Fantastic receiver. And very good ergonomic to handle the transceiver. Very fun to work with this one. Kenwood has made it again!



Well that's all for now. Take care out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment