Monday 25 February 2013

Mess on 160 m!

This morning I heard TO22C with 56 to 59 sigs SSB on 160 m. He is working from Guadeloupe and I have never heard so many over modulated signals calling him. What's up dear fellow hams. Do you think you will get through a pile with 100% distortion??!! Amazing behaviour! TO22C was transmitting with a clean sig but the pile was a disaster. So PSE pick up your manual (if you have one) and read the part regarding transmitting SSB and special attention to the part that describes ALC function!!!!
I can tell you I was calling him to but I held my ALC within limits and, YES (!) I did NOT get a QSO with a clean sig! I guess a snow ball in hell would get a better chance, or.................????

I managed to catch XT2TT on 80 m CW this morning. Super fine sigs from him. and the pile was very big.
Now I only miss XT on 160, 12 and 10 m. So I will continue to search for him.

Any way temperature this  morning was down to minus 13 ( about 8 F ). Went out with Balder to let him do his stuff in the morning. He did it within 3 sec and rushed back in. Looked at me if I was an idiot to let him out in this weather condition!!


This picture show you all that there are a world outside Ham Radio. It is my daughters bonus child that just achieved a Clear Round with their horse. She looks happy!

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment