Sunday 10 February 2013

New in the hack and finally respond from 9M2AX

I had a QSO with 9M2AX Ross, on the 17 AUg 2004 on 160 m. But so far no QSL. But now I have had an e-mail exchange with Ross and he has not received my card. So now a new card is on the way and he promised to send me one to. Reason for him not receiving my card can be many.

Tried to work a CX station on 160 this morning. But all  the callers was as usual calling and calling and calling.............! But I could hear him answering stations in EU but many was constantly calling so no one got a QSO. Finally he went split operation. But 60 % of the callers was still on his QRG!!!!!!

I've got a new radio in my shack. This one is replacing the TS-870S (HF) and TS-570S (50 MHZ only).
The radio is a TS-590S. A real banger for the buck. So this will be used for HF and 50 MHz operation.
But my contest set up is still FT-1000 MK V and an ACOM 1000.


In the background you can see the C-Line more or less retired.
The performance of the TS-590S is very nice. With roofing filtering of 500 Hz in CW mode the hearing is more than good. Astonishing for this radio compared to other radios with their prise tags more then double the one of TS-590S. Check out the test result in Radcom and ARRL. So why pay more??!!

No QSL this last week but I will keep you posted when they arrive.
Updated my IOTA score to RSGB. My total at the moment is 270 Islands. Well I started to chase for about 2½ years ago so there are a lot more to do here.

Take care all of you readers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment