Sunday 6 January 2013

LU6W QRT!?

According to DX-News LU6W had to go QRT due to loss of radios and one antenna to the see. To bad. I had to go shopping yesterday for some food (have to eat and I don't have any ground support called wife or girl friend). During that time a few SM Hams managed to work them. I was lsn to the pile when I came home and made a wrong deceision to wait. But the signals in the pile was 50 db plus so didn't put in any efforts to get a QSO.

BIG MISSTAKE!!!!!

As I only have PA's with tubes without handles I'm most of the time 2:nd in the piles. But that's life for me.
Here is a picture of my PA tube!

As you can see there are no handles on it. It is a GU-74b. So here I missed a rare, never before activated Island. Wonder how I can come over this!!?? Well I can't bye or build a bigger Amp due to limited mains supply into my house. There are only 16 Amps three phase supply and that have to cover heating and lighting, fridge and stove and water pump. So there are not so much left over for a big Amp. So I'm stuck with my GU-74b!

Take care all of you readers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment