Monday 14 January 2013

A real DX received!

Today I received a real DX that I worked on the 7:th of Dec 2012. It was HL5IVL. And  how does this qualify as a DX? Well, as you all can see it was worked on 160 m!! That's wy!!!


This make my DXCC for 160 one point closer to achieve a diploma and a sticker for my 5BDXCC.

I have had a lot of problem with my ADSL when I'm operating 160 m. The modem shuts down when I'm over 10 W level. In our last issue of the Swedish Ham Radio Magazine, QTC there was an article about this problem. Article was written by SM6CNN, Anders. A well known DX:er. It was about a LP filter that would cut signals above 1 MHz preventing the Modem working as a 160 m receiver. I got the parts and assembled a filter. And it works just fine. I'm running 1 KW on 160 and still have functional Internet. Super!


I have to show you a picture of the filter before it was assembled into the cable from the splitter to the modem.

Well that's all for now.

Take care all you readers out there and  have a nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment