Wednesday 17 April 2013

A very rare occurrence!

Yes!
It  just happened. I received a QSL from a new DXCC entry and also a new IOTA at the same time!!??
It was JG8NQJ/JD1 operating from Minami Tori-Shima (Marcus Isl). For some reason I had not worked any station from JD1. So this will push both DXCC and IOTA up one point. Thanks to TAKE the operator for a quick reply. Here is the proof! IOTA No is OC-073.


Amazing to get a new one. And also so quick. We had our QSO on 8 April 2013. He understand the meaning of QSL direct!!

Now over to some other happenings. I suffered a loss of two of three phases on my main power line yesterday. Two 63 Ampere fuses was blown. Reason was damaged cable and a broken pole. My supplier of electrical power. Vattenfall, was here and replaced the pole and fixed the broken cable within 5 hours. And they managed to get the three phases in correct order so my water pump was running in correct order. Hopefully I will have a more stable power grid for a while!

Spring is in progress. At the moment I have a temperature of 15 C (59 F) but the wind is strong. Gusts up to 30 kt and sustained around 12 to 15 kt.

CUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment