Thursday 12 February 2015

What I'm I doing wrong??

I have been Calling K1N on 160 for several Days. No QSO! He has worked stations where I have been Calling for minutes. But he don't hear me. I have been tailgating. No QSO. I have stayed ahead of him when he Changes up in frequency. No QSO. I have stayed on one frequency for him to find me. Not a chance!
But, I have noticed one thing. Many of the "constant callers" get QSO?!  I have also noted that a lot of calls have a lot of letters and numbers hidden in them. For an example, K1N was Calling LA2? And I counted 5 SM stations that thought they had LA2 in their call as they where constantly sending their call and made it difficult for K1N to hear the LA2 station. And there are not just SM stations. There where at least a few OH and DL and some more that thought they had LA2 in their call! And to my surprise some of these "constant callers" get a QSO!!!
I try to keep my mouth shut (don't touch the paddle) when the DX ask for letters and numbers that I don't have in my call. But I guess I'm quite alone in this matter. OK, some time you might "get off" in the timing and call when you not supposed to. But not constantly as some do!
Well I have K1N on all bands except 160 m. I can live with that. But I don't Think there will be another operation from KH1 in my Life time. But it's a hobby and I have 8 out of 9 and SSB, CW, RTTY. How many has that achieved with a modest station (antennas) as I have?
Have to show you my tuning unit for my 160/80 vertical.


This is where I have been burning a lot of KWh!!! Capacitor is in series with the vertical for 80 m and the coil is used together with a added linear loading for 160 m. Russian relays for selecting either 160 or 80  m. Nice, or.....................???

Have to stop whining! Otherwise all is OK! It soon time for Biathlon on TV from Norway. Have to check out how the Swedish girls/guys are doing! Have to make some coffee!

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment