Tuesday 23 January 2018

FIRE! FIRE! And some other stuff!?

During this weekend I was working and Calling on 160 m. Suddenly the SWR jumped from 1:1,5 to 1:10. Reduced the Power and it was back to 1:1,5. Increased Power to about 1 kw and all hell broke loose. Went out to my tuning unit and opened the door and black smoke was pouring out. Started to troubleshoot and found that the feed through for 80 m was carbonated and had a short to ground.

Working 160 m via the linear loading create high voltage where 80 m is connected. Something similar has happened before. Look at the black feed through where the red wire goes out.


And this is what is left of the wire. I use about 1 kw on 160 m and this is what happened. I think there had been some moisture accumulated inside the feed through and finally flash over and fire!


I have updated my IOTA via the new check Point here in Sweden. I have 532 confirmed islands. And quite a bit more to go. I have 18 more on request via direct, pay-pal and buro. Unfortunately some hams are really slow even when they got Money via pay-pal. Shame on you!!!!

Well, back to radio.

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment