Thursday 7 January 2016

Some winter here in Sweden

Finally we got some Winter here in Sweden. Temp outside is around -20 C (-4 F). And some snow on the ground. About 5 cm (2") of the White fluff. But next week there are chance of temps around 0. But at the moment there are no chance of getting a mosquito bite!!!???

I was trying to work AA0RS on 160 m. But he didn't hear me. He came back once and  called SM5CBR??? And I'm sure he was calling moi! But no QSO! There is a SM3CBR but I did not hear him in the pile.
I was lsn for him this morning as well but he didn't hear me this morning either. Hi is very strong from his 4SQ full size on 160 m. But I wonder what receiving antennas he have. I use a K9AY and on this antenna he was almost 599!! Amazing sigs. Half EU was Calling him and he was Calling CQ.

This was my set up when I tried to work him.


Might have been a mistake to use the TS-590S and ACOM1010. Only 800 W out on 160 m.
But he heard me but didn't persist in getting a QSO. But I will keep on trying as Colorado is missing State on 160 m.

Well, that's all for now. CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment