Tuesday 20 August 2013

Still no QSL's.

The mail man refuse to deliver any QSL so far this week. Wonder where they keep them?!

The only thing I have done for the past week was a few new IOTA. Have to mention OC-261 that I worked on the 16 of August. Call was VK5CE/P. On the 18 of August I worked OC-142 with the call VK4WIR/P. Both where on 20 m band and VK5CE/P was on SSB and the other one was on CW.
There is also a station from Mali, TZ6BB QRV on the bands. Worked him last night on 20 m CW.

Have to show you a Picture of one of my favourite Engines during my working Days. It is a P&W R-2800 radial Engine with 18 cylinders.


Nice! We used it on the Convair 340/440 and was running it in CB16 (2400 Hp) or CB17 (2500 Hp) config. The original Engine was from WW2. But there are still a lots of them running out there on different Aircraft's. Amazing Engine. The sound from this baby when it was running on idle was astonishing.

Well that's all for now. CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment