Tuesday 18 December 2012

Repaired a beauty!

I have repaired a beauty for a friend (yes I still have a few left). It was a smashed up KPA500 that has been buncing of a concreate floor a few times. As I have a 5 ton hydraulic press I was able to strighten up most of the metal sheets. A few components had been ripped off the circuit boards due to high G forces. I had to replace a few components and resolder a lot. A few screws had been ripped out and was missing. But I had a few 4-40 and 6-32 in my shelf's. Anyway it is up and running for the moment.


My check of the Aorta turned out fine. The overall dia was less than 2 cm ( .7 Inch ). If it is greater than 3 cm than there are some action to be done. But for me there will be a new check in 5 years.

Marry X-Mas and a happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment