Thursday 27 December 2012

Problem with power grid.

On the 24th (our X-MAS) I got power fialure at around 03:30 in the morning. Power came back at 11:00. Next day I worked a V25 on 80 m in the morning. And when the QSO was finished power went again. From 07:30 until 13:45 I was witout power. Nex day (26 Dec) power went 15:20 and was restored 21:15.
Yes, this suposed to be a high tech comunity with reliable power grid. But I start to wonder. Lots of snow on trees. Problem was on the 10 KV lines where trees was resting and looking for suport on the power lines with catastrophic result!! There have been a lot of snow on trees. But now we have had temperature on the + side for two days so most of the snow has fallen from the trees. Hopefully I will have a more stabile power grid for a while.

Received a QSL to day from 1A0C. Worked them on all the band slots where I missed 1A. Including 6 m and RY as a new mode. Very nice card as you can see.


Worked H40FN on 20 m CW this morning. This is a new one for me. So this pushed both DXCC and IOTA score up one point!! Will try to get a QSL from him.

That's all for now.

Take care all of you readers and CUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment