Wednesday 5 September 2012

Repairing my K9AY antenna

I had very low sensitivity when using SW and NE loop. Checked SWR with my Rigexpert and found that I had very high SWR in that loop. Found I had a broken loop at the box. The wires had been sitting there for about 6 long years so it was time to replace them both.
I cut two 85' (feet) wires and installed them. After checking with analyzer the SWR is about 1:1,3 from bottom of 160 m to the end of 80 m.


So I'm back on 160 and 80 with pretty good ears again! By the way the control box and the relay box is from Array Solutions AS-AYL-4 K9AY system. But the support and antenna loops are my own construction. Works just fine and the preamp in the box sometimes adds just wonders to some week signals. This system is resposible for many of my DX worked on 80 and 160 m.

About one more day to "GO" before NH8S will be in the air. So hopefully all QRM:ers and all the "Police" calling UpUpUpUpUp and the rest of the words will have a ball! I hope I will get at least one QSO with this rare DX. Also I hope the QRM:ers will start calling on the right frequency and get a QSO insted of just causing noise!!! But this is only a dream!!!???

CU in the pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment