Saturday 8 September 2012

NH8S is on the air!

Managed to work NH8S on a few slots yesterday (first day of the dxpedition). This is quite an achivement form my side. Normally I let the big guns work the DX first and then I come in and pick up the remains. Normally this is the best way for me up at 60 deg North. With the antennas I have and only leagal amps (yes, just 1 KW) I'm always 2:nd in the piles. I have checked out the propagations and I think the only bands that it will be certain to achive a QSO with NH8S is 30, 20 and 17 m bands. 15 m might work but any more is a bonus. 40 and 80 m would be nice but my antennas are not so good on these bands.

Autumm is making progress. Wonder how tuff winter will be. We have a say here in sweden that if there are many rowanberry on the  mountain ash we will have lots of snow. Well, the berryes is not that many.


As you see on the pictures there are just a few!! So those who belive in superstition will be happy. I just have to wait and see!

Have a nice weekend and beware of the QRM:ers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment