Sunday 19 May 2013

Worked a nice DX on 50 MHz!

During a break in WM in Ice Hockey I Went to my shack to check out the bands. Lsn to 50 MHz and Heard all the TV sync signals from the east. So I scanned the band and found a huge pile up around 50,109 MHz. Lsn for a while and finally Heard V51YJ. Wow! This was interesting. Fired up my mikroKeyer + computer and started to call. Heard a lot of SM stations in the pile. But after a few calls he came back to Moi!!!! Rig used was TS-590S and a 5 el Yagi up more than 20 m.


TS-590S rules!! But also thanks to the old ECO Company that has manufactured my 5 el Yagi. Picture borrowed from rigpix .com.

But in WM in Ice Hockey Sweden managed to win over Finland with 3-0. So now the Swedish team is in the Final against the team from Swiss. This will be fun!!

Loaded up a lots of QSO's to LoTW. And to my surprise I've got V51YJ confirmed! WOW what a thrill! A new one on 50 MHz!

That's all for now. CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment