Sunday 6 January 2019

Hit by storm Alfrida!

On the evening of 1 of January a severe storm warning was issued by the SMHI. So as a precaution I cranked my Tower down. And around 02:00 on the 2 January a pine tree fell on my house. Lots of roof tiles was destroyed. My 160/80 vertical antenna came down with the pine tree. And the antenna is more or less scrap. During the morning of the 2 January the storm was down graded to just hard winds. So I Went out to inspect the damages. In total 2 pine and 1 fur was down on my property. But no electrical failure. But my ADSL and phone is gone. In the forest near by 100 and more trees is down. And most of the Eastern part of Sweden have a lot of damages. In some areas the Power lines is completely damaged and require replacement. Several parts of Eastern Sweden is still without electrical Power.


I was quite lucky! Just a lot of tiles. was damaged. And I was able to find tiles so I could repair my roof. I got help of my neighbours to get the pine tree of my roof. And I have a lot of Wood to take care of.


By noon of the 3 of January I was finished with my roof.
Checking out the rest of my antennas I found no more fault and SWR was inside the limits on all bands. But my rotator don't work. So today I have to tilt my Tower to check what has happened with my G-1000DCX.

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment