Thursday 11 February 2016

Where are we going???

I was scanning 17 m band yesterday and found a 9K2 station on SSB. Looked in my DXCC Chart and found that I was missing Kuwait on this band. But he was not strong at beam 135 deg. But when I turned the beam to about 70 deg he was S9?? Called him and we had a QSO where he confirmed the difference in beam direction by informing me he was on remote from VK2!!!! But he did not sign /VK2. So, have I worked 9K2 or VK2??? I put him in my log as VK2 and I'm still looking for 9K2 on 17 m.
Is this the way some DXers is working DX? Have seen some peculiar QSO's with K5P who was almost a ghost here at my QTH. I only got him on 30 and 40 m. But some here in Scandinavia worked him on 160 m mid day? How is this possible? OK, you can get some odd openings on 160 if you are on an high latitude up and time is Dec/Jan noon (you are in the grey zone all day due to low or no sun above the horizon). Or is remote from other country's the answer to get the rare one in the log???!!! And not show from which DXCC you are working from??? Cheating, or......................................?????

Need a Picture!!


This is a Swedish made Dive Bomber from around WWII. It was called SAAB B17 and the shrouds on the landing gear was used as air brakes during dive. Engine was an P&W (Swedish made) STWC-3 delivering about 1065 Hp. This is a totally refurbished restored all original flying Aircraft. You can see it during summer air shows arranged by the Swedish Air Force. Make a nice sound!!!

Is ham radio DX-ing more or less dead, or is remote OK???????

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment