Monday 20 February 2012

ARRL DX CW

I worked some staions during this weekend in ARRL DX CW contest. Conds was not the best but in the few hours I was QRV I managed to work 90 US/VE stations. I was only looking for rare States and I found some. Operating Assisted and most S&P mode.
One thing puzzels me! OK, I'm up in 60 deg North. That is the same latitude as Southern Alaska. I was running 1 KW into my 3 el Yagi with boomlength of 6,5 m and 20 m up in the air. And I was beeten all the time in the piles by central and southern EU stations claiming they was running 100 W!!
Some of these stations was peaking my S-meter 50db over S9 with my beam pointing 320 deg??!!

100 W, Yeah- Right!?


Anyway , it is always fun to work you guys in US. Most of you have great operating skills and good ears eaven for a week sig from 60 deg North!

Now I have to go out and feed the birds. It is -7 and it will be a sunny day.

Take care all of you out there and CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment