Saturday 1 June 2019

160/80 m Antenna

The storm Alfrida that hit us on the 2 of January it decided that I didn't need any vertical antenna for 160/80 m. So it just put it back to scrap aluminium. I have not yet managed to get hold of new straight aluminium tubing to make a new Antenna for 160/80 m. Meanwhile  I decided to add 160 to my inverted "V" for 80 m. I manufactured two identical coils of dia 45 mm and put 28 turns of wire on them. Then I tuned them using a piece of RG-58 as capacitor and put the traps on 3,55 MHz. Installed and added 14 m of antenna wire after the traps and trimmed it to resonance on 1,825 MHz. All Went well and now I'm QRV again on 160 m.
Heard E31A on 160 last night. He was Calling CQ and no takers. But Before my PA came on line ( very long 2,5 min delay ) he Went QRT!
Anyway here are some Pictures.



I don't knew how long the traps will last in Bright Sunlight and harsh weather that we have here in Sweden. But hopefully I will get some new antenna (GP) up Before next Winter.

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment