Thursday 1 November 2018

VP6D on 80 m!

Finally on the last day of the VP6D operation I managed to get into the log on 80 m. Puh!! This was a challenge for me. Reason that I do not have so good take-off towards 300 deg is a dirt road and a fence in that direction. So my radials in direction 270 - 350 deg is only about 7 to 10 m in length. And I can't extract them further. Compare the QSO's with YJ0GC and VK9XG where I just called a few times to get QSO. And the soil here is not so good. About 1 Feet Deep there are primitive rock and that don't help much. But here are a screen shoot as proof.


QSO with VP6D on 80, 40, 30 m CW and 30 m FT-8. I didn't make any big effort to Catch them on any further slots.

Wx here in Sweden is very warm for the season. Temp at the moment is 3 C ( 38 F ) and clear sky. During the day with the help of the sun we will reach around 10 C. And that is warm.

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment